Historical Information of Marble Hill, Missouri
1842 – The city of New California was established.
1851 – The city was renamed Dallas.
1856 – The First Baptist Church built near the oldest Marble Hill cemetery. There are no written records.
1862 – January – Major Jonas Rawalt took 18 prisoners with 100 Union Troops.
1862 – April – The courthouse and town was raided by Col. S.D. Kitchen with 120 Confederate soldiers.
1868 – The city was renamed Marble Hill due to the confusion with Dallas County.
1869 – August – Railroad & Tunnel completed 2 miles northwest of Glen Allen, MO from Bismarck, MO to Charleston, MO.
1869 – Lutesville was laid out by Eli Lutes, who gave 10 acres for railroad to win the depot location as a shipping & trading point.
1880 – Will Mayfield College moved to Marble Hill from Smithville.
1893 – Wicecarver’s Store built across from the Courthouse. Steps in front were formly used for mounting horses and carriages.
1905 – Mineral Well dug on the courthouse square 1904-1905 and was used until 1947-1948.
1932 – Last Passenger Line of the Belmont Branch of the St. Louis & Iron Mountain Railroad
1953 – August – Artesian well discovered approxmately 1800 feet deep while drilling for oil in the area.
1973 – April – St. Louis & Iron Mountain Railroad ceased operations through Lutesville.
1973 – August – Voters approved for a Twin City Airport.
1985 – May – The Cities of Lutesville and Marble Hill merged as one city.
2005 – March – This website was created for educational and tourism purposes.
Our information was provided by the Bollinger County Archives Organization.